Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Manhattan Musings

As I write this, it's a beautiful "summer" evening in New York, a human-perfect 70 degrees, and I'm preparing for the real "summer season." I've been in summertime mode since that heat spell we had a few weeks back: optimistic, energized and confident that the weeks and months to come will bring good things and good times.

If you're trying to keep up with me, I believe twitter will be your best bet now until after Labor Day... of course I'll continue blogging when time permits and then there's facebook for those of you lucky enough to be in my closest circle.

I expect the most interesting news items of regional interest will continue to be Women's Rights, Fracking, and the mayoral races in both New York City and Albany.

I'll be stepping up the outdoor activities: lots of badminton, biking and running for physical and spiritual health. How are YOU doing body-wise? This is the best time to find your rhythm and stretch your limits. I'm now on my "summertime meal schedule" as well: I start each day with a hearty breakfast, drink plenty of coffee throughout the day up until 2pm (if I need a referesher after that, it's ice water or home-brewed ice tea). Then a light supper around 5:30 followed by physical activities. It's a system that works well for me. I hope my words here will serve a litte inspiration your way!

I picked up a really neat bike for $5 at a garage sale in Queens - one of those smooth silk riding Royal machines from the late 1950s. I've added a few safety accessories and I must say, for a bike with no gears and coaster brakes, it is amazing and then some!

So, with Summer 2013 knocking at the door, I hope you will take a moment to clarify your thoughts with an eye toward making every moment count, every move YOU make an eventful one, so that when the Fall comes, you'll be smarter, healthier, happier and carry the feast of sunshine through the cooler months - the obvious hint here being, as you are drifting along the river time, pay attention to things, events, moves you can make that keep you flaoting high above the crowd. I flirted with this thought train last year, and it worked so well I'm doing what I'll describe as an "immersion" approach this year. It's a sensation of power and control and it feels pretty darn good! Get on board!

[Manhattan, 20:30, Sunday, June 16]

Powered by Zoundry Raven

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics