Sunday, October 13, 2013

Avast Virgin Mobile USB Virus DebugLog.dll

Broadband2Go is a program developed by Novatel Wireless. It is used on USB sticks in different countries including the USA, Philippines and some in the Middle East. If you haven't had any issues with Debug.dll, that's great --- but --- I want you to copy that file and put the back-up on a USB stick or CD for safekeeping!

A friend of mine was going crazy - an important meeting was soon to happen via the net - and she couldn't get online - Avast AntiVirus, which had been on her Windows 8 Aspire Netbook since the day she unboxed it, was telling her there was a virus associated with her Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go. She called me just before she was going to run a scan on that USB - good thing she didn't! Avast would have f****d it up beyond repair!

The actual culprit, according to avast, was a debug file which I later ran thru a battery of tests and found it to be totally 100% clean and virus-free! If this has happened to you, read on!

Nope! There is NO virus "on" your Virgin Mobile broadband USB stick. A flaw in the Avast AntiVirus program mistakenly isolates, sandboxes and-or deletes DebugLog.dll --- her's how to put a stop to that (this procedure may be used with other Noavtel/VM files as well!)

(1) Avast panel interfaces may vary - on some you must look for SCRIPT SHIELD SETTINGS - on my WinXP computer the interface resembles the one in the screenshots.

(2) type in the location of the file you want to allow to run - on most computers it is

C:\Program Files\Novatel Wireless\Virgin Mobile\DebugLog.dll

(You may want to verify that via Windows "search" for DebugLog.dll, which is a legitimate windows process used by many applications of Windows operating systems. So it is not a problem in most cases if you see several... if you need to liberate the others you can do so... first you need to give immunity to the Novatel file.)



(3) There is an "add" button at the bottom of the box, click that and then click "ok" - if you don't click both buttons nothing will change. Another variation: Right click your Avast icon (beside the clock). Choose program settings>Scroll down to Exclusions>then add your file!

(4) Take a look into the Debugging function - if you are NOT technical, don't change any settings!

With Virgin's Connection Manager open-and-active (in front of other windows) hover your mouse over the signal strength bars, and then quickly type ##DEBUG on the keyboard and that brings-up the debug panel.

(5) Do you really need an Anti-Virus? Since June, I have had NONE on my $1 Laptop. I did a scan last week and found NOTHING - not a single virus! I have no AV on the machine - I do have an excellent firtewall, and believe me I have seen nights where almost every second, AtGuard is reporting attempts to access my computer by bots, hacker, whatever!





Files installed by Broadband2Go

  • DebugLog.dll - DebugLog Dynamic Link Library
  • MobiLink3.exe - MobiLink3 Connection Manager
  • NvtlActv.dll - Novacore SDK Activation Module
  • NvtlConn.dll - Novacore SDK Connection Module
  • NvtlDiag.dll - Novacore SDK Diagnostics Module
  • NvtlEnc.dll - Novacore SDK Sms Encoding Module
  • NvtlFile.dll - Novacore SDK File Manager Module
  • NvtlGps.dll - Novacore SDK Gps Module
  • NvtlSdk.dll - Novacore SDK NvtlSdk (Novacore SDK Core module)
  • Menu.ocx - Menu ActiveX Control Module (NVTL Menu ActiveX Control Module)
  • PrflMngr.ocx (by NVTL) - ProfileManager ActiveX Control Module
  • QtCore4.dll (by Nokia and/or its subsidiary(-ies)) - Qt4 (C++ application development framework.)
  • QtGui4.dll (by Nokia and/or its subsidiary(-ies))
  • QtNetwork4.dll (by Nokia and/or its subsidiary(-ies))
  • QtXml4.dll (by Nokia and/or its subsidiary(-ies))
  • QtXmlPatterns4.dll (by Nokia and/or its subsidiary(-ies))
  • setupcfg.dll - Setup Dynamic Link Library (Setup DLL)
  • setupcfg.exe
  • Utility.ocx - Utilities ActiveX Control Module (NVTL Utilities ActiveX Control Module)
  • W32N55.dll (by Printing Communications Assoc., (PCAUSA)) - PCAUSA Rawether for Windows (Rawether NDIS API DLL (X86))
  • ZipArchive.dll


Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics