Pumpkin seeds left after carving the Halloweenies! As you rinse them in cold water: remove strands of pumpkin fiber, skin, etc. It's ok to leave some attached for added flavor!
Spread 'em out on a cookie sheet and pat dry with paper towels. Leave 'em out overnight with fresh paper towels covering them.
If still damp the next morning, heat the oven up to 200 degrees F and let them dry for about half an hour or more... Figure out what size pot you have the seeds would fit in with room to spare, and melt a little butter of Smart Balance... take the warm seeds from the cookie sheet and mix in the pot with the melted spread. I use 2 to 3 tsp of butter -. they are ready for the oven!
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2While it's OK to leave some strings and pulp on your seeds (it adds flavor) clean off any major chunks.
- 3Toss pumpkin seeds in a the pot with the melted spread and then toss in a little salt or seasoning salt..
- 4Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on baking sheet.
- 5Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown. Stir or flip them once midway through.
You can receive my special newsletters - published only when necessary - by clicking on the envelope icon below - then you'll be on my mailing list. Thank-you very much! Don't worry - I will not share it or sell or compromise my list (or your privacy) in any way, shape or form!
Interested in thoughtful, original material that you can link to, comment on and possibly source for your own works? Take a look at my WordPress blog. It stands on its own. Very simply and accurately presented. If you like what you see there and decide to use some content, please consider a small donation to my "tip jar" as it does take a certain amount of financial resources to keep the digital presence alive. Not so hard, if you aske me! Thank-you!