Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Day of Thanks: The Lessons of November

Friends, readers, netizens!

If you're in the US, I wish a very Happy Thanksgiving for you and yours. We celebrate family and abundance this week. No matter where on the planet you are, any time is a good time to appreciate everything and everyone in your life. This is the day that we show thanks - and I'm thankful for you all.

You may have been wondering when I would add a new post to the blog. I felt that the death of Tacloban City warranted a special place. There have been calamities and hurricanes and earthquakes before, but none that tore people right down to their very souls as Typhoon Haiyan did. It was a catastrophic and climactic milestone. It is now time to rebuild and move on.

As the cyclone post moves down the page, there can be no forgetting of the people affected. To those still out of touch with loved ones, be patient. Many have lost their mobile phones and identification papers. Some found themselves airlifted to strange cities hundreds of miles from home with nothing but the clothes they were wearing. Don't give up on them. The survivors will re-surface and contact you as soon as they are able. Pray for them all.

As for Thanksgiving, my buddy Cynthia offers this advice: "relax and focus on the many blessings and solutions rather than the inevitable problems that every life contains." Be grateful and enjoy the day you have around you.

Ah November! What a month you have been for me personally. I hate to use the phrase "pesonal epiphany," but I could look through all of my books and music and not find words that would do here. To tell of changes you have made in me, to express that it feels like years have passed since Nov 1. I feel light and I feel power. I'm walking a new street and breathing new air. The challenge is to put what I have learned into focus and use it to build a new life pathway. More on this to follow...
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics