You don't have to wipe the OS or even connect to the internet to fix this one!
This afternoon I carried out a routine procedure: took a picture and sent it to my email. But the picture wouldn't "send" and I had difficulty clsoing out of the pictures file on my BlackBerry 8530. Then it happened. The BB flipped out, crashed and displayed the "dreaded error 523." Crap!
Using knowledge gathered from a previous incident involving Error 200. I sailed into uncharted waters and easily fixed error 523. For this fix, we skip BlackBerry Desktop Manager altogether, defeating any perceived need by the software to venture out into cyberspace.
(1) Connect BlackBerry to computer via USB cable
(2) On your computer, manually locate and Open the App Loader application. There is no shortcut to this program on your start menu. Open your file browser, go to your C Drive (operating system drive) and navigate your way through the folders to
Program Files >
Common Files >
Research In Motion >
Once you are in the AppLoader directory, double click on the Loader application shortcut. Once Loader opens, you can click Next...
(3) Find the last application you installed -or- activated* before the error appeared
(4) Select the problem app - check or uncheck until you see the word "Remove" appear
(5) Click "Apply" or "Next" at the bottom right to remove the application
Your BlackBerry will reboot and likely work just fine when it does.
* I got the 523 error shortly after activating dropbox, which I had downloaded 11 months earlier.