Friday, January 31, 2014

Is Jelly The Next Twitter? Nope!

Jelly is NOT the "next twitter"...


Or even close, for that matter, despite what some know-it-all slef-proclaimed "internet gurus" have been blogging and tweeting and posting to facebook about. There is NO chance of that happening.

This nonsensical notion seems to have been started by one Sean Smith. Let's look at what twitter is:

  • - a microblog (or micro-blogging tool) 
  • - a way to find out what your friends are up to
  • - a way to find out what other bloggers and tweeters are up to
  • - a way to send stuff directly to your facebook
  • - texting, IM style - using DM (direct message), a great alternative to AIM or yahoo instant messenger

Twitter is easy to access from any phone or computer, you barely have to think about it to make it run: any dummy can pick it up instantly.

Not so with Jelly.

The first thing you see at jelly.co is a screen where you have to pick whether you will download it from the App Store or Google Play. End of story right there. If you don't have an Android or iPhone, you are S.O.L. - and even if you do, you know the horrors of programs that mercilessly call for upgrades and downgrades and patches and hoops to jump through. Geeks like Mr. Smith may have a ball spreading jelly, but the average netizen isn't going to bother. I'll take that back a few feet: Jelly could become like Voxer, a service limited between a couple of pals who know how to use it. But no one wants to be on the net and be restricted or isolated. Unless they change Jelly, it's best left in the .jar
Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

  1. Attractive component of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and
    in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually loved account your
    weblog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing in your
    augment and even I achievement you get right of entry to consistently quickly.


    Also visit my homepage - Flappy Bird Cheat

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics