Friday, April 17, 2015

Wikileaks Publishes Searchable Database Of Hacked Sony Documents

Wikileaks, the website devoted to the publication of sensitive and confidential information, has posted and organized documents from the hack of Sony Pictures Entertainment in a searchable index.


On Thursday, WikiLeaks published approx. 30,000 documents and 170,000 emails from Sony Pictures, obtained from the intrusion sourced to North Korea prior to the studio's planned release of The Interview.

"Calling the original attack 'a malicious criminal act,' Sony said in a statement that 'we strongly condemn the indexing of stolen employee and other private and privileged information.'” (The New York Times)

Media reporters have been digging through the files for stories. You can set up your own dig!

As reports have indicated, previously leaked emails from producer Scott Rudin called Angelina Jolie a "minimally talented, spoiled brat." But other newly released emails are even worse! Rudin also accused Jolie of "insanity and rampaging spoiled ego" in one explosive email. Here's a shortcut to the Angelina mails. Happy Hunting!

Übergizmo blog reports finding several concept images which some have speculated could be for the upcoming Sony Xperia Z4.

Peter Sterne says that BuzzFeed executive chairman Ken Lerer tried to wrangle internships at BuzzFeed for children of Sony Entertainment C.E.O. Michael Lynton and Jake Winebaum. (Capital New York)

Daily Mail North America CEO Jon Steinberg reached out to Lynton for a potential partnership in June, Jeremy Barr writes. (Capital New York)

Check Out: "11 Revelations From WikiLeaks’ Sony Hack Emails." (The Wrap)


Yet another Sony email hack shocker: Sony Pictures execs feared Leon Wieseltier over Steve Jobs film? Listen in as Aaron Sorkin, Scott Rudin and Michael Lynton quake over the "relentless and dangerous" critic.
 

submit to reddit



Send to Kindle


Subscribe to my blog via Kindle!

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics