Sunday, May 24, 2015

90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device



Immerse yourself in that headline for a moment. 

It tells you why twitter's #Periscope app has taken off. I broadcast on #Periscope live from the Sawyer Fredericks homecoming concert in Albany. I was amazed how many fans Sawyer has in Europe, Asia and the UK! Even though I was the nosebleed section of the theater, everyone liked the little crappy grainy video, and asked to see it again, which #Periscope allows with a two-hour time-limit on replay.

H/T to Ana Hoffman, who tirelessly combs through all sorts of articles and data - I work in the media industry and as such am privvy to boatloads of daily information ["It's all too much..." ~ George Harrison] but there' s always something that creeps by undetected, like this



The majority of Twitter users (82%) watch video content on Twitter and most watch on a hand-held screen. A staggering 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device, according to our own internal data. But Twitter users don’t just lean back and watch video; they also lean in to create it. Twitter users are 1.9x more likely to have uploaded a video online (anywhere) than the average U.S. internet user.



And since I'm plugging nice people like Ana Hoffman, let me tell y'all about @ABC7Albert - Albert Lawrence is the Digital Content Producer for ABC7 TV in L.A. This guy should have a million followers! ABC7 is way ahead of the social media game, thanks to Albert, who takes viewers on wonderful #Periscope tours... not to mention ABC7's news coverage via DRONE ( DRONES!) and their wonderful "Pop Up News Bureau." Holy Transistor, Batman! If you are a member of the media or a technophile, geek or geekologist, you should be following Albert on twitter!

Thought for today: “Google, combined with Wi-Fi, is a little bit like God. God is wireless, God is everywhere and God sees and knows everything. Throughout history, people connected to God without wires. Now, for many questions in the world, you ask Google, and increasingly, you can do it without wires, too.” ~ Alan Cohen, a V.P. of Airespace, to the New York Times (2003)

submit to reddit
Send to Kindle


Subscribe to my blog via Kindle!

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics