Sunday, June 14, 2015

Three Faces Of Neda

Pictures don't lie. Or do they simply mislead?. Case in point: Neda. A "true story" entwined in a hoax that recently got a new lease on life from a powerful social media operative.

54.5K followers on twitter does not guarantee accuracy in media. Nina Ansary may be a PhD, but she has perhaps inadvertently revived the old NEDA debate that revolves around photography.


Share

A lot of the original materials appearing in articles on websites have "aged out" or been taken down and are no longer available, include a very compelling AP article that suggested a man who claimed to have been Neda's boyfriend (but never actually was) concocted the entire tale. And another (still existing as of June 2015) that says the entire Neda incident is "15% likely true, 85% likely hoax or staged."   Like the mystery surrounding the death of Shakti Bhatt, there are some truths that may never be told.

Neda # 3
co·nun·drum
kəˈnəndrəm
noun  a confusing and difficult problem or question...       Like the dual Bin Laden case, there may be three Nedas:

Neda # 3 (see pictures above)- supposedly she is the same person depicted in  #2, the "real" Neda. But the face, if you look carefully, is not exactly the same. Or is it? Then there's that troublesome crucifix #3 wears. I can’t imagine a Muslim wearing a cross under any circumstances, so I think it quite likely Neda #3 is a Christian. Keep in mind, it is not uncommon for a Christian woman to wear a hijab in a Middle-Eastern land.  Neda # 1 has a most fascinating story to tell.

  1. Ansary recently re-tweeted this: "No matter how educated, talented, rich, or cool you belive you are, how you treat people ultimately tells all, Integrity is everything." (Except when it comes to blindly re-tweeting a hoax - then, NOT BOTHERING to address the issue when it ws tweeted to her attention.)



submit to reddit
Send to Kindle


Subscribe to my blog via Kindle!

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics