Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Stop Windows 10 From Stealing Your Bandwidth And Giving It To Others

Do you know that Windows 10 Uses Your Bandwidth to Send Updates to Other Users? A lot of my friends who have done the upgrade were shocked when their internet connectivity diminished under the new OS. As great as new PCs and laptops may be, I am hanging on for dear life to my WinXP machines. As I have mentioned in the past, I've tweaked my IBM ThinkPad to the point where it serves and services all of my needs, online and off. I stay away from the cloud as much as possible, and I have LAYERS of protection between my machine and the net.

wired.com warns: Don’t Get Tricked Into Creating a Microsoft Account

"Windows 10 also prompts you by default to create a Microsoft account, but you should probably skip this if you are concerned about your private information. Not creating an account will keep your activity and information local to your computer, while having an account will create a link for Microsoft to piece all of the metadata it gathers back to your identity."

For those of you who need to upgrade,
I am glad to present the link here to an article that explains how to disable Win10's Update Delivery Optimization (WUDO) feature. You can mouseover, enlarge and print (or save) the screengrab here to use as a shortcut. And whenever you see articles posted regarding windows and security, read them and see if there is any advice that pertains to you. Thanks for reading, and if you're on facebook (and even if you're not) be sure to leave comments - I'd like to hear about your experiences with Win10.





If you are still having any issues with Windows 10 – head on over to the Microsoft forums and let the developers in Redmond know about it.



submit to reddit


Send to Kindle
Subscribe to my blog via Kindle!




Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics