Thursday, December 31, 2015

Technical Difficulties & Happy New Year

As we cruise into 2016 and this blog grows a year older, I am encountering problems every now and then that I'm not sure how to fix. So if you see an error, know that I am probably aware of it. The facebook comments plug-in and the flattr button have both stopped working. You just can't count on things staying the same - "upgrade" to some has become a big bump in the road, as things can change forever, not for better (as the Beatles once sang).

I may or may not get around to fixing things that break down. In some cases, there is no fix. In others it is hidden in code that doesn't readily identify with the item I would like to remove or replace. Like old roadsigns that no longer serve a purpose, these markers from times past shall remain, little reminders of things that once were.

Those of us who continue to keep our blogs updated from time to time understand that many readers have gone to facebook or flocked to twitter. I guess you could make the argument that content which one was blogged is now tweeted or chatted or spread via Instagram... as new apps and features and advances in technology become available, users change and sometimes are forced to change the way they interact with others.

This blog, as imperfect as it is and ever was, shall remain forever a "work in progress" until the day the servers die. Thanks to all of you who have checked in here every now and again throughout the years. There's more to come, though not as often as once was. Yes, at this point in time I do a whole lot of tweeting. I would be honored if you would follow me!

Happy New Year! Live Long & Prosper!

submit to reddit
Send to Kindle

Subscribe to my blog via Kindle!

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics