Saturday, September 10, 2016

Dave Lucas’ Food Diary Will Change The Way You Eat

Yum-yum! BBQ breakfast Bacon & Pancakes!
My personal food philosophy embraces the 80/20 rule, 80 per cent of the time I stick to my diet, and 20 per cent of the time I don't. It keeps life balanced. Lunch at a Roy Rogers is not taboo.

Breakfast

My typical breakfast includes a dollop or two of nut butter. Cashew, Peanut, Almond... add to that a Pan de Sol roll or a slice of  Pepperidge Farm or Arnold multi-grain bread. Of course on weekends, I BBQ pancakes, weather permitting. Yes, I have a pancake problem. But not the guilt some would associate with it.

Lunch

Since I was a teenager, I've skipped lunch (or eaten super-lite) - a cup of tea or coffee and a bit of fruit keeps me going and glowing.

Dinner

Dinner is usually salad and/or pasta and/or pizza, sometimes Chicken Parm, sometimes Beef Goulash, sometime Spaghetti and Meatballs. Fresh corn is nice in the summertime, along with fresh veggies from my garden.

Beverages

I drink coffee multiple times a day, every day. I also drink a ton of water.

Supplements 

I take a multi-vitamin. I chose one that has a combination of components most suited to my particular lifestyle. On days that I work out, I add B-12 and L'Arginine. If I go off-course and eat something like a Nathan's Hot Dog at dinner, I'll take a couple of  Krell Fish Oil capsules with the meal and later on two tabs of Niacin before bed.

Indulgences

I like Stewart’s Ice Cream. Matter of fact, I have a bowl after every trip to the gym. I add a healthy helping of Miralax and three teaspoons of Milo, and mix it up so it's still thick and creamy, but smooth.

Adult beverage of choice

Port wine. Those concord grapes are soooo good for you (I always have them on and when they are in season, during a very short time in the fall.) In the winter when it's really cold, a little brandy, Kahlua in summer, Bailey's Irish Creme in the spring.Does this make me a 'seasonal drinker?' Hmmm...

For the latest in news, social media and contemporary culture, follow me...

Sina Weibo

Twitter 

Instagram




submit to reddit
Send to Kindle


Subscribe to my blog via Kindle!

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics