Friday, December 16, 2016

BeetsBLU for a Happy Holiday!

If a fitness tracker or a key finder is on your holiday list, check these out!
Blue Christmas? 
Not this time, Elvis!

Time to act on those last-minute gifts, and it couldn't be easier!  BeetsBLU devices are very google-able and you can get one ASAP with quick-shipping provided by vendors such as Amazon.com!

Need a gift for the "runner" in the family or perhaps someone who needs to keep tabs on their heart and overall fitness?


I personally tested and recommend BeetsBLU products! Feel free to leave your own feedback in the comments area!

BeetsBLU is a wearable heart monitor that straps easily around the chest, with adjustable straps making it comfortable, easy to use...   track your heart rate while at the gym during a workout, cycling or any other sports activity. Compatible with any smartphone via Bluetooth Smart (Bluetooth v4.0).  It has an app called "BLE Heart Rate" for testing. It just took a few seconds to pair it with my iPhone!

The owners manual is clear and extremely easy to read. The device is quite comfortable - you'll forget you're wearing it!

BeetsBLU taps into the trend of the quantified self (self tracking using technology and numbers in an effort to be healthier, you can google more on this)...

BeetsBLU allows users to see precise numbers of heart rate over time of work out, as well as shows users a graph of their overall heart rate. It features settings which enable the user to set to fat burn, warmup, endurance training, and extreme. Users see a targeted heart rate on the app's graph, giving the user a goal to aim for.


I use this in tandem with my iPhone's health app! It's a wonderful way to not only challenge yourself by setting goals, but mapping your progress on a regular basis!

The application allows for tracking over time, with the ability to save workout data and track weight!


Now, on to gift #2:

So maybe you have a friend or family member, young or old, who habitually loses their keys or wallet (or anything else!). The ideal gift for them is a little gizmo called the Beets BLU PagerTag, a key finder which alerts you when your item is out of connection range with your cell phone (about 33 feet).

The app automatically records the last time and place it defined the location of your item. So if you left it somewhere, you know where to look first.  It too is a simple download/setup procedure. It worked on both our Android and iPhones!

I have short-term memory loss at at times (aka 'brain farts') and found the little pager to be a crisis-avoider! No longer am I late for an appointment because I've misplaced my car keys!  You will want to keep a spare battery or two on hand, as battery life is relatively short if you need to keep the device on constantly. And with Bluetooth always on, your phone’s battery life will be a bit shorter as well. I don't really consider this to be a product "con," because for someone with mild forgetfulness, it is a fair trade-off and shouldn't deter you from buying the unit yourself or giving it as a gift!
submit to reddit
Send to Kindle


Subscribe to my blog via Kindle!

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics